Visa and Immigration

As an international student planning to study within Indonesia territory, you should apply for a visa after receiving a Letter of Acceptance from Universitas Padjadjaran. All international students must apply for the study permit, including those who join a Full-Degree Program, Student Exchange Program, Short Course Program, and Indonesian Language Course Program.

Please note that before applying for a visa, you have to get a Study Permit issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Republic of Indonesia prior your arrival. The appropriate visas for international students to study in Indonesia are:

  1. VITAS (Visa Izin Tinggal Terbatas – Limited Stay Visa) that will allow your stay for 6 (six) months, 1 (one) year, or 2 (two) years period. 
  2. VKSB (Visa Kunjungan Sosial Budaya – Socio-Cultural Visa), which permits 2 (two) months of stay and can be extended every month up to four times, but the process can be inconvenient.

For some people, immigration matters can be complicated. If you need assistance, our office can recommend an agent to process your immigration documents with your own expenses.

Contact us at

International Office - Universitas Padjadjaran. All Rights Reserved.