Visa and Immigration

As an international student planning to study within Indonesia territory you should apply for a visa after receiving a Letter of Acceptance from UNPAD.

Please note that before applying for a visa, you have to get a study permit issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia.

International students who must apply for the study permit are those who join a Full-Degree Program, Student Exchange Program, Short Course Program, and Indonesian Language Course Program.

For some people, immigration matters can be complicated. The following guideline should help you to go through the process. If you need assistance, our office can recommend agent to process your immigration documents with your own expenses.


The appropriate visa for international students to study in Indonesia is the Limited Stay Visa (VITAS). Usually it is for 6 months, 1 year, or two years length of stay. Another option is to come to Indonesia with a Socio-Cultural Visa, which permits two months of stay and can be extended every month up to four times, but the process can be inconvenient.