[unpad.ac.id, 14/6/2019] The Ad hoc Committee for the Universitas Padjadjaran Board of Trustees Recall Election (MPA PAW Unpad) announced the newly elected candidates for the Unpad Board of Trustees, selected both from the community and from education staff, on Friday (6/14).
There was a total of three selected candidates for the Unpad Board of Trustees Recall Election, namely Sapta Nirwandar, S.E., DEA., and Prof. Dr. Moermahadi Djanegara, CA., CPA. as elected candidates selected from the community, and Ahmad Baehaqi, M.T., as a candidate selected from education staff.
The selection of the candidates was based on the results of the Unpad Academic Senate plenary meeting that was held on Wednesday (12/6) for candidates from education staff, and Thursday (6/13) for candidates from the community. In the plenary meeting, as many as 4 prospective members from the education staff and 11 out of 12 prospective members from the community expressed their ideas about the development of Unpad.
For prospective members from the community, one candidate confirmed that they were unable to attend to present ideas due to certain circumstances.
“Each candidate is given the opportunity to convey their ideas about the development of Unpad. They are led by a moderator and allocated 15 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of discussion,” said head of the Ad hoc Committee Dr. Soni A. Nulhaqim, M.Sc., in his official statement to the Office of Public Communication.
Dr. Soni explained that the assessment process was based on scores given by each member of the Unpad Academic Senate to each prospective member of the Unpad Board of Trustees Recall Election. Scores are given based on a number of established criteria, namely: having good integrity and reputation, commitment to Unpad development, having extensive networking, organizational competence and leadership, communication skills (communicative), and having visionary thinking. Each criterion item is scored with the highest score of 10 and the lowest score of 1. Technical assessment is done using a digital form or print assessment.
Furthermore, the score given by each Academic Senate member is used as the basis for determining the selected Unpad Board of Trustees Recall Election members by calculating the total score of all the criteria items assessed for each prospective member, from each Academic Senate member.
The total score is then the basis for calculating the rank of prospective Board of Trustees members, calculated with the following stages:
- The total score of each criteria item for each Board of Trustees candidate by each Academic Senate member is recapitulated and sorted accordingly to find the highest value out of all the prospective members by each member of the academic senate respectively;
- The candidate who receives the highest score from each Academic Senate member obtained in point (a) becomes the final choice (vote) as a prospective Board of Trustees candidate for each member of the SA; and
- The Board of Trustees candidate chosen from education staff members is the candidate who has the highest number of votes, while the Board of Trustees candidates chosen from members of the community are the two candidates who have the most and second most votes.
Dr. Sapta Nirwandar is a retiree from the State Civil Apparatus. He once served as Honorary Advisor to the Minister of Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia (2015 – 2017) and the Deputy Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy of the Republic of Indonesia (2011 – 2014).
Meanwhile, Prof. Dr. Moermahadi Soerja Djanegara, CA., CPA currently serves as Chair of the Audit Board of the Republic of Indonesia since 2017. Previously, Prof. Moermahadi served as Member V of the Audit Board of the Republic of Indonesia (2014-2017).
Ahmad Baehaqi, M.T., currently serves as Secretary of the Directorate of the Unpad Academic and Library Resources since 2017.
Community Complaint Handling Procedure
Dr. Soni conveyed that his committee accepts reports/public complaints regarding the process of candidate selection for Unpad Board of Trustees Recall Election Members. The handling of the reports starts with the reporter sending a written report to the Committee via email containing the following requirements:
- The identity of the Reporting Entity that includes their full name, address, and occupation with a photocopy of their Resident Identity Card (KTP);
- Identity of Reported Party;
- Reported objects such as circumstances, actions, events as a basis/reason for complaints/ reports;
- Attach proof of the reported object(s).
Submission of complaints/reports and further information can be sent via email to email@example.com no later than June 28, 2019 in accordance with working hours. *
Translated by Shabrina Maharani