Applicants are generally expected to identify a staff member at the Universitas Padjadjaran who has agreed to serve as a host/scientific counterpart during the length of visiting scholar’s stay or to provide research guidance.
Duration of Visit
It is usually easier for the Faculty to accommodate short visits. Period’s extension will be considered for distinguished visitors making major contribution to Faculty’s research.
The University does not extend financial support to assist visiting scholars with their living expenses. The visiting scholars are suggested to find their own sponsor or foundation to fund his/her research or may cover their personal expenses.
International Office can give advice on private accommodation or reasonable guesthouse/hotel. Limited fund to cover basic accommodation may be available for certain faculties. The International Office staff will assist new applicants to find a suitable accommodation upon request.
Immigration Matters and Permits
Before the visiting scholars do their research at Universitas Padjadjaran, they need to prepare their valid passport, research visa (processed by Ristek), research permit (processed by Ristek), report to immigration office and police headquarters upon their arrival, travelling permit, research Information report, KITAS (for scholars who will stay in Indonesia for 1 year or more), exit permit, etc. However, International Office will assist them to process it, which costs will be covered by their own personal expenses.
Visiting scholars have to arrange their health insurance coverage prior to leaving their home countries. It is responsibility of the scholars to arrange their own medical insurance to protect against medical expenses during their research period at Universitas Padjadjaran.
While at Universitas Padjadjaran, visiting scholars are generally provided with basic health services, access to computer and library facilities. However these facilities are subject to availability or approval of the host faculty. For details please refer to “Facilities”.
Responsibility of Visiting Scholar
• Visiting Scholars may be requested to give a public presentation at some point during their visit. This presentation provides an opportunity for the Visiting
Scholars to share his/her work with staff and students in the department/faculty as well as across the University
• Visiting Scholars must produce report to the host faculty and IO at the end of the program.
Responsibility of the Faculty
• The nominating faculty member will either serve as facilitator or designate a scientific counterpart for the Visiting Scholar during his/her visit.
• The department hosting the Visiting Scholar will designate a staff contact in the department to facilitate normal activities with the Visiting Scholar and
• The faculty will design and arrange the program for the visiting scholars during his/her research period, also facilitate the public presentation related to
his/her research topic, that will be presented to the students/staff at the host faculty.
All intellectual property arising from the program will be subject to the same conditions as standard procedures defined by HaKI (IPR). Ownership and responsibility for the exploitation of intellectual property rests with the host institution, or otherwise stated in agreement with Universitas Padjadjaran’s partner universities.