Hanyang University is the successor of DongA Polytechnic Institute, which was established in 1939 as the first engineering college in Korea. As the Institute became more comprehensive it was upgraded to university status in 1959. Today, Hanyang is home to about 37,000 students in 22 colleges and 16 graduate schools.
To continue its momentum of progress, Hanyang University has been striving to promote internationalization and consequently, over 1,000 courses instructed in English by about 150 foreign professors are offered every semester. Also, through the Hanyang International Summer School (HISS), which offers more than 60 courses taught in English from distinguished educators, the University hosts more than 1,000 students from around the world. Efforts such as these have allowed Hanyang to recruit about 6,000 international students in total, while boosting relations with about 550 universities worldwide.
Introducing Hanyang’s Student Exchange Program with the followong details:
- Application nomination from home university
- Online application (you are strongly advised to use Internet Explorer or Chrome only)
- Submission of required documents to Hanyang University (please read below)
- Certificate of admission
- Printed online application form
- Official nomination letter from home university
- Certificate of enrollment
- Academic transcripts from home university
- Passport photocopy (1 page, contains photo)
- Self Introduction (one A4 page)
- Study Plan (one A4 page)
- Spring Semester: 1st week of March – 3rd week of June (deadline: November 15)
- Fall Semester: 1st week of September – 3rd week of December (deadline: May 15)