Tsukuba University is going to host the 7th Summer Research Program from July 25th (Mon) to August 5th (Fri), 2016 and planning to invite international students from Brazil, France, Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, UK, USA, and Vietnam. Selected students will be assigned to a lab within the campus of the Faculty of Medicine or Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences. The students take part in research, attend lectures and present their research results. During the 2 week period, both international and Japanese students are expected to have an opportunity for cultural exchange and communication.
The university plans to have parties, weekend events, special lectures, and cultural talks are also planned to provide the students with opportunities to learn about Japanese culture. The students are expected to work hard and play hard and get the most out of this program. I sincerely hope that the Summer Research Program becomes an unforgettable experience for all the participating students.
• Undergraduate (3rd, 4th or 5th year) or Graduate (1st and 2nd year) students
• Grade Point Average (GPA) of above 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or 75% (out of 100)
• Passport (valid till end of Jan 2017)
Deadline for Application: May 20, 2016
Please click this link for online application. Note: Password is not required for Indonesian students.
• July 25: Orientation
• July 25 to August 4: Research activities in selected laboratory
• July 26 and 28: Cultural talk
• July 30: Special lecture and excursion
• August 5: Presentation session
• August 6: Depart Tsukuba
Limited number of travel scholarship are available to qualified candidates.